Land south of Millfields Lane, near Carsington Water, Knockerdown, DE6 1NQ
- By order of Severn Trent
- Freehold vacant roadside land
- 0.8 acres (0.32 hectares)
- Close to Carsington Water
- This Lot will not be sold prior to auction
Knockerdown lies close to and set back from Carsington Water, alongside the B5035. The historic market town of Ashbourne lies 6 miles to the south and Wirksworth 5 miles to the north, at the southern edge of the Peak District National Park.
The area is heavily involved with tourism, the Knockerdown Inn supports a caravan and camping business and the large Carsington Water reservoir supports a wide range of leisure activities.
The property fronts the road leading from the nearby junction with the B5035 alongside the Knockerdown Inn and leads down to Carsington Water Reservoir.
The approximate position of the property can be located as follows:
Grid Reference: SK23 4517
The property comprises a triangular area of wooded land with a good road frontage on one side and footpath along the rear side, and includes an access track over which Upper town Farm to the rear has a right of way. We are advised that the site extends to approximately 0.8 acres (0.32 hectares).
We understand that utility services including water, electricity and telecoms are located in close proximity to the site. Interested parties should refer to the legal pack and make their own enquiries to satisfy themselves on the availability of any service.
Note: Interested parties should read the legal pack for further information relating to easements and overages, for example, that may be applicable to the site.
Dalcour Maclaren have provided an independent planning appraisal for the site that can be downloaded from the legal pack. Part of their Executive Summary states:
"Four potential uses have been identified:
- Creation of a residential dwelling for the need of rural workers or additional dwellings as identified for local housing need.
- Construction of commercial units or general storage in keeping with the surrounding agricultural land.
- Potential extension of the caravan park to the east or camping area to the west.
- Creation of retail units to aid the sustainable development of the rural tourism industry already present within the local area.
The site is considered to be suitable for small scale development. The countrywide setting offers opportunities for potential innovative land use options that complement the surrounding area."
The above is for information purposes and should be read in conjunction with the full report contained within the legal pack. Further enquiries should be directed to: Derbyshire Dales District Council
VAT Not Applicable.
Oliver is based in Bidx1London offices and manages the online auction process
T: +44 (0)203 929 8289
M: +44 (0)7732 681150
T: +44 (0)203 929 8403
M: +44 (0)7732 681156